Effective Date: September 25, 2020
- Types of Information Collected. We may collect the following types of information from you:
- information that you actively choose to disclose when you submit an information request through the Site, sign up to receive one of our community e-newsletters , participate in an online survey or use the “Send to a Friend” feature on the Site, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or other information by which you may be identified;
- information automatically collected when you visit the Site, such as your name, street or e-mail address, birthday information, IP address, mobile device ID, geolocation data, browser type and other software and hardware information, and information about what web pages you have visited, what queries you have run and advertisements you have viewed, and other information associated with you, such as your interests, job, family, personal characteristics, and preferences; and
- information that home builders, realtors, and other companies, and other people provide to us about you when they send you a property listing using the “Send to a Friend” feature on the
To contact you. We may periodically send you information and promotional materials about our services, properties and products in which we believe you may be interested. If you want to stop receiving informational and promotional materials from us you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or contact us at [email protected] to fulfill requests submitted by you. If you request information or services from us, or if we receive your email address because someone you know has sent a property listing to you through the “Send to a Friend” feature on the Site, we may use the information provided about you to fulfill the applicable request. If we receive your email address because someone you know has sent a property listing to you through the “Send to a Friend” feature on the Site, we will not use your email address for any reason other than to send you the property listing, and any related message, that is sent to you by that person to perform market research. We may use and disclose information collected through the Site for market research purposes, for project planning or for development of prospect lists for our communities. In addition, we may use your information in an aggregate manner with the information of others and may use and disclose such statistical information in connection with
managing our business. To provide and manage the Site. We use the information we collect from and about users to measure and improve the services and features offered through the Site, to allow you to participate in contests or promotions, to enable you to communicate and share with other users, and to provide you with customer support and respond to inquiries.
- How We Share Your Information with Third Parties. We do not sell or rent user information we collect through the Site to any third parties for their own marketing purposes. In the event we want to sell or rent your information to third parties for their own marketing purposes in the future, we will notify you and you will have an opportunity to affirmatively opt-in to receiving these third party marketing communications. St. Joe does share your information with third parties in some circumstances as follows:
Certain web pages on the Site may contain web beacons (also known as internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). When you receive newsletters or promotional e-mail from us, or use the “Send to a Friend” feature on the Site, we may use web beacons, customized links or similar technologies to determine the date and time the e-mail was sent, whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click in order to provide you with more focused communications and information.
St. Joe does not have access to or control over web beacons or cookies that third party websites may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party websites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the different websites you visit. In addition, some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt-out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. In addition, your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, St. Joe will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Site in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
- Chat Rooms, Bulletin Boards and Interactive Forums. If you post information about yourself on bulletin boards or similar interactive portions of our Site, that information may be viewed and used by St. Joe, other users of the Site and the public generally. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information through the Site that allows strangers to identify or locate
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States. St. Joe is headquartered in the U.S., the Site is hosted in the U.S. and the data you submit to the Site is stored in the U.S. The privacy and data protection laws in the U.S. may not be equivalent to similar laws in your country of residence. By using the Site, or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the U.S.
- Securing Your Information. We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical precautions to keep the information about you that we have gathered protected from unauthorized use or access. You should recognize, however, that no computer system is fully secure and that there are inherent risks associated with the Internet.
- The Site Is Not Intended for Children Under 13 Years The Site is not directed to children under the age of
- We will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under the age of 13. Minors who are 13 years old or over should secure the permission of their parent or guardian before providing any information on or through the Site. We ask parents to be particularly careful in supervising any children using the Site, especially the interactive portions.
- Access to and Correction of Personal Information Maintained About You/Ability to Opt Out of Further Contacts.
- In the event you wish to determine the nature of the information we have collected from or about you, please contact us.
- Updates and Corrections. In addition, if you have corrections or updates to the information we are maintaining about you (your address for example), please help us keep your information accurate by providing us with the corrected
- Opt Out. In the event that you do not wish to receive future marketing and similar materials from us (other than those we are required by law or by contract to provide to you), please contact us and notify us of your request. Our inadvertent failure to comply with this request shall not be a violation of this policy. Please note that we may have gathered information about you through other sites, sources, methods and means (including through our affiliates) and this opt out may not necessarily be applied to the information we have about you that has been provided by these other sources. In addition, if you opt out to receive certain information, you may not be able to utilize certain portions of the site.
- If you have questions about the operation of this site or other matters, please direct them to [email protected].
NOTICES AND RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
California Consumer Privacy Act
NOTICE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- USAGE DATA
- TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
- USE OF DATA
- TRANSFER OF DATA
- DISCLOSURE OF DATA
NO SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
California consumers have the right to direct a business not to sell their personal information to others. We may participate in joint marketing programs that involve sharing personal information about customers and prospective customers with home builders, and other business partners that work with us, we believe may be of interest to our customers or complement our products and services. We do not consider these cooperative marketing arrangements to be a sale of your personal information, although we may receive reciprocal services or customer information as part of these arrangements.
In the preceding twelve months, we are not aware of any sales of personal information for monetary or other consideration and have no present plans to do so.
RIGHT TO KNOW ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT, DISCLOSE, OR SELL
California consumers have the right to request any of the following information from us about personal information collected about the consumer or the consumer’s household during the last 12 months (“Right to Know”):
- The categories of personal information
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal
- For personal information sold or exchanged for value with a third party: categories of personal information and categories of third
- For personal information disclosed to a third party for a business purpose: categories of personal information; and categories of third parties.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you (except for very sensitive personally identifiable information, which we will describe but not transmit).
The process by which we verify and respond to your requests is explained below under “How to Make a Verifiable California Consumer Request” and “How We Will Respond to a California Consumer Request.”
RIGHT TO DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
California consumers have the right to request that we delete any personal information about the consumer which we have collected from you, subject to a range of exclusions permitted by law (“Right to Delete”). For example, we are
not required to delete personal information if it is necessary to complete a transaction, reasonably used for an ongoing business relationship, or used internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
Once we receive a request for deletion, and separately confirm that request, we will take reasonable steps to verify the identity and authority of the person submitting the request. If the Right to Delete request is confirmed and verified, we will delete the personal information from our records (and direct our service providers to do the same without any liability for such service providers failure to delete), unless an exclusion applies. If we are unable to fulfill all or part of your request, we will let you know why (for example, if we have a permitted reason to retain certain information if the identity of the requesting person cannot be verified).
The process by which we verify and respond to Right to Delete requests is described below under “How to Make a Verifiable California Consumer Request” and “How We Will Respond to a California Consumer Request.”
RIGHT TO DESIGNATE AN AUTHORIZED AGENT
California consumers have the right to designate an authorized agent to act on their behalf to submit a Right to Know or Right to Delete request, or a request to opt-out from our sale of their personal information (if applicable). An authorized agent may be a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State. An authorized agent must also submit to us written proof of their authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf.
HOW TO MAKE A VERIFIABLE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER REQUEST
California consumers may submit a request to exercise any of their rights described above using any of the following methods:
- By phone: CCPA Notification at 877-563-2272; and
- Right to Know – Submit request here: [Right to Know link]
- Right to Delete – Submit request here: [Right to Delete link]
Please note that in order for a request to be verifiable (including verification of your identity and your California residency), you may be required to confirm information that we have on file for you; including e-mail address, phone number, full name, address and other personal information. We reserve the right to deny a consumer request if the identity or authority of the requesting party cannot be confirmed.
HOW WE WILL RESPOND TO A CALIFORNIA CONSUMER REQUEST
We will confirm receipt of a Right to Know or Right to Delete request within 10 days and may request additional information necessary to verify that you are permitted to make the request. We will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of receiving it, subject to delays and exclusions permitted by law. If we require more time to respond, we will let you know the reason why and extension period in writing. Please provide either your e-mail address or U.S. Postal address, at your option, so that we may communicate with you.
For a Right to Know request, our response will cover the 12 month period preceding our receipt of the request. If we cannot comply with all or part of your request, we will explain the reasons why. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is useable and should allow you to transmit the information readily from one entity to another entity.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or clearly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
PROTECTION FROM DISCRIMINATION FOR EXERCISING CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS
We will not discriminate against a California consumer for exercising any of the rights described in this section. This means that except as legally permitted we will not:
- Deny you goods or
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or
FINANCIAL INCENTIVE PROGRAMS
We are permitted to offer certain financial or service incentives to encourage consumers to provide certain financial information. If we offer a financial or service benefit program to you, we will provide a written description of the material terms of the program to you in a written Notice of Financial Incentive, and you will only be enrolled as a participant if you affirmatively opt-in to the program. You may revoke your opt-in consent at any time. The Notice of Financial Incentive will explain the process for opting-in to participate and withdrawing from the program (opting-out).
CALIFORNIA “SHINE THE LIGHT” LAW
YOUR RIGHTS IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”)
If you are a resident of the European Union, we will process your personal information in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). For information submitted, we are the data controller, as defined under GDPR. In accordance with GDPR, as a data subject you will be accorded with any applicable rights, which may include the following:
- right of confirmation;
- right of access;
- right to rectification;
- right to erasure;
- right of restriction of processing;
- right to data portability;
- right to object;
- right to withdraw data protection consent; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory